article "Sheriff: man admits shooting dogs"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
That's the point..."ON SITE" he didn't do that, not giving him the right. Laws are in place for a reason. They also have to be doing the "killing, maming, etc" when you shoot them.

Quote:
If a wolf ran across my yard , i would have been like................WOW
ep.gif

As long as it wasn't bothering anything, it was just loose. What a jerk!

hmm.png
I agree he should have shot them on the spot but like boyd said,The dogs has it coming.
I hate it tho because the chicken owner is "always" going to be at fault.
he.gif
barnie.gif

Now as much as I love my chickens, it was stupid to kill those dogs. What kind of person could do that. I had a dachsund last year that got into the chicken run and attacked 3 of my chickens, she killed one. She was found a home that didn't have chickens. Now if they are caught in the act of killing the chicken by all means beat them, but that was our dog that killed MY chicken and I could never ever get over it so she had to leave because I could have killed her myself and I am a true animal lover so it was best of her to live somewhere else.

he wasn't within his rights to shoot the dogs. there was no active or pending attack at time he shot them and he blames the dogs for a previous incident when it could have been another animal. not the way to handle it. i think some people would rather pull a trigger than lay down some fence wire. Werent they digging under his fence? to get the chickens?

Yes... they were digging under his chicken coop to get to his chickens...should have shot them there or taken them to animal control...yes he handled this wrong...

I'll have to agree that he should not have shot them. If he had em in his truck, it would have been easy to take them to animal control and let the owners bail them out, these days it can cost $100 each. You only have to pay that a couple of times before you decide to do something about your wandering dogs.....
I would find the owner of the dogs at fault as well. Those dogs should have had a fenced in area and not be allowed to run free unless properly trained to stay within the yard. Huskies and Labs are well known for running loose and causing trouble, Labs are garbage hounds and will get into a garbage can in a heartbeat.
Another tack would be to go to the owner and have a face to face with her about the problem. If the guy had been having a problem with the dogs and did nothing but grump about them killing his livestock to the owner, then he's at fault for not trying to resolve the situation in a healthy manner.
In Vermont, all the dog license fees go into a fund that pays property owners who have had livestock killed by dogs. We should have more states with those kinds of laws.

That was just cruel. He should never have done what he did. I'm willing to bet he never even said a single word to the dogs owner (about the 30 chickens he lost, and his suspicions about their dogs) before he did this. He should be charged. I love my chickens to death, but there is a line, and he crossed it.

Quote:
This is real easy...

If you like your animals then KEEP THEM UNDER CONTROL.

Come into my yard drunk and try to beat my ass your getting shot. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom