Article writing help, especially inline images?

DavidReaves

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Apr 2, 2022
Granbury, Texas (near Fort Worth)
I'm starting on an article for my recently built mobile coop. I'd like to be able to include thumbnails/smaller versions of the images inline as I'm explaining, but I would like them to be clickable to show the full-size images for detail. Is that possible using the BYC editor? It is really distracting to the text to have all the larger images inline, but also disruptive to understanding what's going on only having the images all below the text as attachments.

I did a very quick search and didn't find any detailed instructions for the editor. I did see a mention of one possible solution in passing, that wasn't really the topic of the post. One alternative is that I could create a gallery of the coop pictures full size, use downsized images in the article, then post a link to the full-sized image in the gallery with the "thumbnail" image in the article. Will that work? Is that the best solution or is there something else that would work better? If I do that, is there a way to hide the images attached that show normally at the bottom of the post?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or better approaches!

You can upload the images to the article, then insert them as a full-size or thumbnail. You can also edit the image to be any size.

Insert thumbnail or full image:
1657390547471.png

This is a thumbnail
DSCN1494.JPG

This is a full-sized image
DSCN1414.JPG

This is 100 pixels wide:
DSCN1384.JPG

To change the size, insert the image as a full-sized image, click the picture then click this:

1657390637699.png

Change size:
1657390654689.png

Okay, the size adjustment is helpful for some images. Others, I'd still like to open in a new tab/window full-size, but without losing the original place in the article. In HTML I would do it like this:

HTML:
<a href="https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/chickentractor1_6-jpg.7945159/" target="_blank">Full size image: Sketch1</a>

Is it a security thing that I can't actually open a new tab/window?

Okay, the size adjustment is helpful for some images. Others, I'd still like to open in a new tab/window full-size, but without losing the original place in the article. In HTML I would do it like this:

HTML:
<a href="https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/chickentractor1_6-jpg.7945159/" target="_blank">Full size image: Sketch1</a>

Do you have some kind of security blocking issue on your device?

HTML:

This is what your article looks like right now on a cell phone:
Screenshot_20220709-182423.png

There is no issue with the picture size or text. It looks perfect.

Do you have some kind of security blocking issue on your device?

No, I'm just not able to add the HTML code to the article where it will execute. It shows up just find in a display code box, just like the one above. I'm trying a different way to work around it. Probably I will just include a disclaimer that full-sized images are in the gallery that's included with the article.

Last edited:
There is no issue with the picture size or text. It looks perfect.

Yes, I'm coming from old-days HTML web development and I was trying to make the article look like a webpage with pop-up windows for the graphics. I'll have to send the reader to the attachements/article gallery for a full-sized image instead.

Yes, I'm coming from old-days HTML web development and I was trying to make the article look like a webpage with pop-up windows for the graphics. I'll have to send the reader to the attachements/article gallery for a full-sized image instead.
You can just insert the pictures into the article. They all look the same size on a cell phone. 😉

Back
Top Bottom