Articulated gout in older hen/Moringa powder dose.

Yes, I agree, that is gout. Some people do use tart cherry extract capsules for gout, and a few people with chickens with gout have tried that as well. Not all have said that it helped though. Let us know how it works.
Hey @Eggcessive. Final update on this. Unfortunately my girl died yesterday. She had a lot of different health issues that she was being treated for the last 3 months or so. She was getting the Moringa powder right until the night before she died, so she would have been on it for 2 plus weeks but didn't seem to make any difference to her feet. But I have heard it can take a few weeks to work so I'd still encourage others with the same problem to give it a go. My girl had so many different things going on it that it could have taken longer for anything to kick in because she was so compromised. But what I can say is she had multiple cysts on her thighs and a big one on her wing which I suspect was a tumour, and I was putting a full-spectrum CBD salve on these twice daily and they all shrank and died off after about 2 weeks, so I'd highly recommend the CBD salve for any external lumps, bumps and tumours. For cancerous external tumours apply the salve 2-3 times daily and give 28mgs of a full-spectrum CBD oil orally divided 2-3 doses (Human oil is fine, doesn't have to be for pets and it needs to have a small element of THC so has to be full-spectrum and preferably third-party lab tested for quality and purity). Better direct into the mouth than concealed in food. Can take up to a month of treatment for cancerous tumours but just keep going until it either bursts and dies or shrinks and dies off. Often times while treating these you will notice they get worse before they get better. Hope this helps someone.

Sorry for your loss. It is interesting about the CBD oil having an effect on tumors. Do you know if the tumors were from a virus? Thank you for the update.

Sorry for your loss. It is interesting about the CBD oil having an effect on tumors. Do you know if the tumors were from a virus? Thank you for the update.
As in Marek's? No pretty sure it wasn't. They presented as feather follicle cysts under her vent initially and antibiotics cleared them. I opened one to drain it and what came out is the exact same material as is in follicle cysts. So that's how they started out. Then she was taken to the exotic vet due to poor form and an ultrasound showed uterine tumour. After this the cysts on her thighs and wing appeared but antibiotics didn't clear these ones so could have been some sort of metastasis of her cancer, not entirely sure. Didn't bring her back to get them tested as vet would have wanted to euthanize and I was hoping the CBD oil would get original tumour under control given time. So brought in the CBD salve for those and cleared them in conjunction with the oral drops. Quill mites crossed my mind but she didn't seem irritated in any way or wasn't plucking her feathers. Re the gout I did wonder if there might have been another tumour blocking the kidneys but the only one that showed up on ultrasound was in uterus. Lawd have mercy has been a rough few weeks!! 11 to be exact since it all kicked off! I tried everything I could to get her better but wasn't to be. Happy she is no longer suffering. But yes a full-spectrum salve highly recommended for cysts and if tumour suspected add in the oil orally.

Most state vet labs will perform testing along with a necropsy to look for possible causes of death. Mareks is one virus that causes tumors, as well as leukosis virus, but feather cysts, skin cancers, and other things may occur.,

Back
Top Bottom