Artificial Brooding

TylerWaugh

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 23, 2013
I have some questions about brooding ducks and geese.

When can I allow them to start swimming? My brooder is large enough for a kiddie pool and I would like to add it to the brooder, I will put the water at 95degrees. And dry them off afterwards.

When can I allow them to start swimming un-supervised?

Can i add ducks and geese of the same a age to a brooder or should I put older ducks with geese.

I'll have more questions later probably.

I have some questions about brooding ducks and geese.

When can I allow them to start swimming? My brooder is large enough for a kiddie pool and I would like to add it to the brooder, I will put the water at 95degrees. And dry them off afterwards.

When can I allow them to start swimming un-supervised?

Can i add ducks and geese of the same a age to a brooder or should I put older ducks with geese.

I'll have more questions later probably.
Welcome to the wonderful world of water fowl.
Yes gosling and geese of same age can be brooded together. as long as there is plenty of space and not crowded. Only let goslings/ducklings swim supervised. since they aren't water proof they can chill and get water logged very quickly and very important they have a way in and out of the pool safely. Unsupervised they still need a way in and out safely but after they are completely feathered in they can swim.Usually around 6 weeks old.

Here is some info that will also work with ducklings. https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-and-caring-for-goslings

please post pics we love to see new babies. or old ones too.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom