Artificial Insemination tips and tricks needed

They all just made hen status at 1yr or a few are under a year, still pullets. All half sisters. I use pipettes to suck up the “semen” and immediately grab my hen or pullet and hold them slightly down hill and drop it in. I’m not too “aggressive” with them but I did watch some videos where the handler pinched the vent to expose more and did a “direct deposit” I haven’t tried that method yet. I took a break recently from AI-ing due to me being 8 months pregnant. I was hoping to avoid having new chicks and a new baby.

They all just made hen status at 1yr or a few are under a year, still pullets. All half sisters. I use pipettes to suck up the “semen” and immediately grab my hen or pullet and hold them slightly down hill and drop it in. I’m not too “aggressive” with them but I did watch some videos where the handler pinched the vent to expose more and did a “direct deposit” I haven’t tried that method yet. I took a break recently from AI-ing due to me being 8 months pregnant. I was hoping to avoid having new chicks and a new baby.
Okay, young ladies. That's good.

Your way is fine, as long as the hen sucks it up without an issue.

Back
Top Bottom