ARTIFICIAL LIGHTING DUCKS!! HELP

How old are the ducks?

It could be possible their bodies just aren't ready to lay yet.

1 Drake and 2 Hens are 2 years old
10 hens hatched march 2 2015

I have seen a lot more mating activity than usual...including female mating female. Could this be caused by hormones caused by the light?

it's okay honest since I don't use artificial lightening it's best I stay out of this conversation anyway. I wish you the best with your ducks, Ancona's are a lovely breed.
smile.png

I have learn`d so much on this site, Listening to everyone`s helpful suggestions, Ideas, documentary`s. I am not a 15 year old, but 74 year old lady, that got 6 ducks 2 months ago.
I have every thing except patience. Every duck is so unique in it`s personality, bred, and how they react to stuff. Ducks love water so one of the great idea`s was to give them warm water to drink,
Ducks seem to lay better when they have clean warm water to drink, So nopw I am making several trips out there with a pitch of warm water. They love it and come for it before I have it down for them. One duck is acting a mid wife,following another hen when she is looking or a place to lay her egg. I have found 2 eggs ,side by side and they sure know how to hide them. I do not want any of them to start brooding. No drake, and no need to raise ducklings. Just having fun with it all and so glad there is an alternative to chicken eggs, since I am allergic to chicken eggs. There are other duck sites on the web but so far there is enough on this site for me to digest. Thanks` thank`s, thank`s again. What you are doing @Miss Lydia, and not getting payed,

Back
Top Bottom