• No Preference

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

greenfamilyfarms

Big Pippin'
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Elizabethtown, NC
Hello everybody! We are considering changing our soaps and would like some input before we do so. We currently make our soaps in 4-ounce size in plastic oval molds, but we are considering making them in wooden box molds. The process and ingredients will be the same, the shape and possibly the weight of each soap will just be different. When you are looking to purchase artisan soaps, which shape do you prefer?

Square/Rectangular:
6809_spgrclovaloe.jpg

Photo above by Kathy Miller

Oval:
6809_pumpkin_pie_soap.jpg

Find us on Facebook

Personally it doesn't matter to me either. But, I feel the square/rectangle shaped soaps may pack, ship better and store easier. I know with the soap I use square seems easier to hold onto

I like the oval as it's easier to handle and doesn't have the sharp edges a new square bar has.

I like the oval for soaping onto a wash cloth. That being said, when I make soap, I make it rectangular. I find it very hard to get my soap out of the shaped molds, and many bars end up less than pretty. I suspect a rectangular bar would cut down on waste. Most soap is in rectangular bars.

mom'sfolly :

I like the oval for soaping onto a wash cloth. That being said, when I make soap, I make it rectangular. I find it very hard to get my soap out of the shaped molds, and many bars end up less than pretty. I suspect a rectangular bar would cut down on waste. Most soap is in rectangular bars.

That's one issue I'm having as well. I supposed I could make some of each type...​

Back
Top Bottom