(ASAP) Blackout will I need to add more hours/ days

Cavendish

In the Brooder
Dec 7, 2020
Few weeks ago, we had a typhoon which was the cause of black out for a few days, luckily we had solar panels but during night time we had no electricity for our incubator, we had eggs there that were around day 6, and we added more eggs during that time not knowing the night after we will have no electricity. So this lasted a few days, every night we had no power but when there is already sunlight our incubators powered on. The question is will I add more days to the eggs because of power interruptions. The temp in the morning when we had power again was around 32.5 °C. The first batch that was on day 6 already hatched, no abnormalities and anything and 10/13 hatched. Now the second batch right now is on day 18, will I add more days to them or leave them be and turn up the humidity. I am worried that the air cell will be small when we lost power. I did not add more days to the first batch because I assume they are strong enough since the eggs are day 6, but the second batch was just a day old. For some reason the first batch hatched at day 18 and a half when I candled them at day 18 they where already internally pipping but the second batch right now is not the same. First and second batch came from the same parents. I will attach pictures in just a moment of the air cell and btw I did dry hatch method.

Last edited:
I would guess that the hatch will not be affected excessively if the evening cool down was only a couple of days - perhaps a day or longer added to the incubation period.

1632573079383.png
1632573085481.png
1632573089534.png

They are alive and moving. Is the egg cells small for day 18?

Those eggs almost look as if they are on different days of incubation. Is it possible that somehow some got more chilled than others?

I would guess that the hatch will not be affected excessively if the evening cool down was only a couple of days - perhaps a day or longer added to the incubation period.
will I revert back to around 55% humidity because its currently 75%

Those eggs almost look as if they are on different days of incubation. Is it possible that somehow some got more chilled than others?
I don't think so. the incubator was closed and it was not that cold that time . They are in the same column. of the egg tray. And my incubator has a fan too. Are the air cell day 18?

Back
Top Bottom