ASAP!! HELP!! My Duck has cut on her leg!

blazezook

Hatching
7 Years
May 24, 2012
HELP!! My duck has a cut on her leg!!

I have two welsh harlequinn ducks just a couple months shy of being a year old. Yesterday when I went outside to feed them I noticed the one duck limping. Upon closer inspection I saw that she had a cut on her leg right below her knee joint it is about 1 inch or less long and it resembles as gash simillar to ones I have gotten before when I have been peeling apple for example and the knife slips and cuts my finger. There is not blood and she can limp walk, but it looks like it does hurt her and she favors it (when she was eating she stood on her other leg and held the other one up to not put any weight on)

HELP!! What can I do to help her? Should I put a little neosporin on and a bandage?? Should I bandage it?? Will it heal naturally?? Is this a serious problem? She looks healthy otherwise and looks fine, but I am worried!! She refuses to rest and stay still. The only relief I can give her is filling up her 100 gallon tub and letting her float there to rest!!

PLEASE HELP ASAP!! What should I do??

Hi blasezook, you may need to keep her dry in a pen for a few days with a waterproof bandage on the wound,in order to give it a chance to heal, keep her isolated from the other birds.
check on the wound after three days if its kept dry it should heal, best regards, Jacko

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom