Ascending warble from goslings?

alpinewelsummer

Songster
Mar 15, 2021
Has anyone heard a "warbling"/"wobbly" whistle from goslings...? We have two right now that keep making an ascending whistling noise, except it seems to have a "vibrato" to it unlike their usual whistles. It's a "wiggly" sounding whistle, lol.

What on earth is this sound and what does it mean from them?

How old are your goslings and when do they typically make the sound? If you can attach a video of them doing it, it would be helpful. They do have quite a vocal repertoire. 😉
They're just under a week old! Sadly I can't attach a video, but they tend to make it just before grouping up to sleep, while they're falling asleep, and then for a bit after they wake up, so I'm thinking now that it's a sleepy noise!

They're just under a week old! Sadly I can't attach a video, but they tend to make it just before grouping up to sleep, while they're falling asleep, and then for a bit after they wake up, so I'm thinking now that it's a sleepy noise!
Yeah I can’t post videos either, the only way is to pst a video on YouTube or Instagram and then add a link to it here. At least that’s the only way I know of.

Does it sound like this?
Gosling Coo

I was coming here to ask a similar question… not sure if this is a normal sound? It does seem like what you’re describing, so I hope it’s a good thing!

Back
Top Bottom