Asil Chickens

FarmerNaz

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 8, 2014
Hi, Just joined the website and relatively new to keeping chickens.

Im currently in Malaysia. My friend in the UK asked me whether I could bring him some Asil chicken eggs.

He added they don't need to be under temperature control during transportation but after he starts the process of hatching then they do.

Can some more knowledgeable person explain to me about this and taking/hatching from eggs taken with me to the UK or indeed posting them?

Thank you.

ps. whilst on this topic how about other types of chicken eggs too.

Last edited:
First, I think your friend should investigate any rules and regulations for bringing eggs into the UK. It would be easier for him to check that. Then you could find out Malaysian laws if any, for exporting eggs. Some travelers are able to bring eggs on the plane when they travel - that would give them a better chance of surviving - than to ship them by mail in a box.

I believe there are threads on BYC that address how to package eggs for shipping/traveling so they arrive in good shape. You might put "How to pack eggs," in the search box. Hope it works out for both of you.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Mountain Peeps and drumstick diva have given you some good links and advice. There is also a good video at
demonstrating how to pack eggs for shipping. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in shipping your eggs.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!!
frow.gif

Good luck with shipping your eggs and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I've never shipped or imported eggs, so I can't help you much there. Hopefully, some others with more experience will come in and help you out!

Back
Top Bottom