asils,aseels

From a book I have (Choosing and Keeping Chickens), it says that they are "naturally aggressive with one another, but if kept in isolation they can be docile and easy to handle". The author describes them as "Pugnacious".

Hope that helps!

That is the experience I have had with them. You should keep the apart. The hens tend to be broody. The roos are aggressive towards each other. Were you planning on getting some?

You can not keep roosters together if you get good asil's. Hens can be vicious to each other too. Once you have an established pair, or trio, they will get along fine though. Asil's are not aggressive towards people any more than any other breed. Being game, is towards other birds, not people. My games are very calm towards people, but you can't let them anywhere need another rooster. You will find that asils are very intelligent, and quite different than the American breeds of chickens. I love them myself. I raise Saipans , but have it in the works to get some PURE asils this summer, and I mean pure, not americanized at all. If you got the room, I highly recommend them!

Yeah, I love the way game fowl look. I worked for a few days petsitting about a hundred birds. All I wanted for payment was a young stag. I was proud to get him.

Back
Top Bottom