Ask a chef

Fruits of tonight's labors:

Skinless BBQ chicken wings (from the culls I skinned last week), with homemade peach BBQ sauce
WingsCooked.JPG

Weekly sourdough loaf
Bread52917.JPG

Chicken stock (finished and currently in the pressure canner)
Stock.JPG

- Ant Farm

Kristen I would cook one of your roosters in a long cooking
Curry is something that pup up!
I think they will be extraordinary!

Look at this!

I actually have a cook book (with a somewhat rude title) that includes a lot of ways to cook older roosters (it can be hard to find recipes like that). These birds are all relatively young, though.

That lollipop thing looks really neat! I'll have to try that. :thumbsup (You always find the coolest videos to post!)

- Ant Farm

Finally got to fire up the smoker again yesterday.... I had two Pork Loins curing for Canadian Bacon. Spent two weeks in the fridge curing. And I decided to do a practice run on Burnt Ends. I used two chuck roasts instead of Brisket for this go 'round.
All were loaded up in the FUDS and set a smoking with Pecan wood for the smoke. I have a bunch of Pecan...

CBBE.jpg

My helper, Dontae.
smokin.jpg

The Loins were smoked enough in about 3 hours, as I removed them once they reached 165* F. They are chilling and will be sliced up tomorrow.

CB.jpg

The chuck roasts went a bit longer - about 195* and then were removed, cut into chunks, tossed in Homemade BBQ Sauce and more rub and put back on for another hour or two.

BE.jpg

Sorry,no pic of the finished product. :confused:

Finally got to fire up the smoker again yesterday.... I had two Pork Loins curing for Canadian Bacon. Spent two weeks in the fridge curing. And I decided to do a practice run on Burnt Ends. I used two chuck roasts instead of Brisket for this go 'round.
All were loaded up in the FUDS and set a smoking with Pecan wood for the smoke. I have a bunch of Pecan...

View attachment 1024129

My helper, Dontae.
View attachment 1024139

The Loins were smoked enough in about 3 hours, as I removed them once they reached 165* F. They are chilling and will be sliced up tomorrow.

View attachment 1024137

The chuck roasts went a bit longer - about 195* and then were removed, cut into chunks, tossed in Homemade BBQ Sauce and more rub and put back on for another hour or two.

View attachment 1024140

Sorry,no pic of the finished product. :confused:

:drool

Back
Top Bottom