ASKED EVERYWHERE ON HERE AND CAN'T SEEM TO FIND WHAT BREED MY CHICKS ARE? ANY IDEAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countrymanfowl

Songster
7 Years
Apr 28, 2012
Brockville, On
OK, I NOW KNOW THAT THE CHICKS ARE EITHER PUREBRED OR CROSSES OF: MINORCA'S,CHANTECLER, COCHINS. I have some pics of them and if you can tell which breeds they are that would be great! I'll try to add a description on the chicks aswell. The descriptions are below the pictures, not above.

This one is a bantam and looks pretty much like the one below but with feathered legs. Now idea what it is.

This one looks like the bantam chick above but without the feathered legs. Too my knowledge, it isn't a bantam. I have no idea what this one is. It is the friendliest chick in the bunch.

These two chicks have all balck feathers. This picture is a week earlier than now, and they are both much darker. The legs are dark also. Their beak is not all yellow, but has a bit of black on some parts of the beak.

This one is really skittish. It has some feathers now and they are all the same color as the chick pictured.

This one has clean legs. I'm wondering if it would be a barred plymouth rock or something, but i don't know.

Here they are all together with Bonnie!

So if anyone could shed some light on to what possible breed these chicks could be, that would be very helpful! Thanks so much and i hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:
the black ones maybe black australorp. not sure of the shading but your lightest one seems to be all one shade of pale yellow - maybe buff orp. your hen is so unique & pretty. i would like to see pics of her up & walking around.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]The first ones kind of remind me of my babies. The [/FONT]Ameraucana chicks look similar to hawks with the "eyeliner"
cool.png

If I had to guess, I'd say the 5th picture down of the yellow chick would be a Buff Orpington. I have several of these breed and got them when they were about a week old and they looked exactly like the chick pictured. As for the others, I have no clue really. I would hate to guess and tell you wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom