Aspirin dosage for hurt leg?

cvlcite

Chirping
Sep 5, 2019
Florida
Hello, I have a leghorn hen who was pushed of her roost this morning and landed on her foot funny. She now limps as she walks but she still puts some weight on it, she just sits down after too much movement. I’ve also examined her leg and it doesn’t seem to be broken so maybe she just sprained it, either way, I still have her separated from the rest of the flock and she’s resting.
I keep reading that giving her aspirin can help with pain but all of the dosage information is confusing or won’t work in my case. I can’t give it to her in her water because I only have a dish for water and not an actual waterer so she tends to spill it a lot and would just waste the aspirin if I put it in there. What dosage can I give to her if I crush it up and put it in a treat for her to eat? Any help is appreciated!

You can pull the chickens wattles down and pop the pill (any pill really) in the mouth and the chicken will swallow it. Sometimes they can shake their head and it flys out but not many times.

You don't have to use aspirin. Ibuprofen can be used but I don't know the dose right off hand. Dose is on this site.

Back
Top Bottom