Assess thyself

I can think of one thing that is better than being outside on a beautiful sunny day but even that can be done outside in the right circumstances.
:th

Eating warm pies?
Eating... something.

Y'all talk too much. :old I can't stay caught up.

Last edited:
I was observed to have seemingly suffered cognitive regression, presumably due to exaggerated cortical thinning, LOL.

Oh, James.
I know you're serious, but academic crippledom is some made up shit. You aren't stupid.

Amen, and Amen.
How is it made up? Disabilities which cripple one's ability to perform academically exist, without one necessarily being "stupid".

Now it's starting to sound like 'excuse time'[.
I think I was teased occasionally, and I had a conflict with another kid in 6th grade.

The internet is teaching me.

Be afraid, James, be very afraid. You need to go to some different sites.

But superabundant detrition of one's cerebral cortex has some predictive validity!
I genuinely don't want to hurt your feelings, Carp, but you are certainly NOT the only person who's had a rough time in school. I was ridiculed and mocked incessantly. Why? I honestly have no idea. Thinking about it now, I suppose I didn't stand up for myself as I ought to have done. I was raised to be nice to people no matter what. This strategy only works among civilized people. It does not work in the chicken coop.

Let me tell you what made me stop feeling sorry for myself. I was at a church service--one of those mega-churches, so a LOT of people. I was in my mid-twenties, I guess. It was a long time ago. Anyway, a LOT of people there, and the theme was some kind of emotional healing schtick. The thing that made an impression on me though, was when the guest speaker asked people to stand if they were picked on, traumatized, made to feel worthless, etc. in school.

I wasn't gonna do it. After all, who wants to get THAT crap started again? Besides, being at the bottom of the pecking order is embarrassing. But guess what? Almost everybody there stood up! Lots of them had tears streaming. 🤷‍♀️ I was prepared to sit there and smoulder at all the people who didn't stand, because obviously those would be the bullies. :lau At that point I figured I'd better stand, too.

The point is, I wasn't alone. If even half the people standing had had experiences like mine (or perceived that they had), then what I went through in school wasn't unusual at all, and I had best just get over it. Which is what I did.

Which is what you need to do too, Carp. Get over it. Nobody has thinned out your cerebral cortex. That's silly and it's never gonna be a viable excuse for anything. What matters more, you will deprive the world of a brilliant microbiologist, your wife of an admirable husband, your children of a wonderful father and yourself of a wonderful life.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I have posted a link to this before, but it's an interesting test:
https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontimeIt should be done on a computer. I can score decently fast for reaction time if I am focused enough, but my average score across 5 attempts tends to be lower.
I took it multiple times, all after 1 AM, and I was awake for most of the day prior, so that may have reduced my performance somewhat:
1585475320156.png
1585475343946.png
1585475352897.png
1585475392991.png
1585475421220.png

As you can see, the average scores tend to be lower, because I tend to lose focus and screw up, like with this result:
1585475552746.png

Here are the statistics for the reaction time test:
https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/statisticsWhile reaction time is a crude physiological indicator of general intelligence, the correlation is far from perfect, so it probably doesn't mean much on it's own if you have a particularly fast or slow reaction time.

Back
Top Bottom