Assess thyself

:love I knew I wasn't alone. You're hired. Report to work tomorrow with a red pen and a copy of the Chicago Manual of Style.

Thank you, ma'am (or.. sir?). I will do my best.
I don't think that I have The Chicago Manual of Style -- other grammar books, yes, but I don't think that I have that one in particular.

It wasn't you who made a spelling mistake, CindyinSD -- the test is what I was talking about.

Nope. My nickname is "the one sane dude".

I'm the inspector-in-chief.

How did you know?

:love I knew I wasn't alone. You're hired. Report to work tomorrow with a red pen and a copy of the Chicago Manual of Style.
I am the FBI, I know everything.;)

I don't think that I have The Chicago Manual of Style -- other grammar books, yes, but I don't think that I have that one in particular.

It wasn't you who made a spelling mistake, CindyinSD -- the test is what I was talking about.
You shouldn't have said you don't have that book... Watch she's going to find a copy of it and force you to library loan it.

Beat this
1585526651965.png

I got myself the latest edition last year, as a special treat. I'd been hankering after it for years. IMO, it's the most complete style guide and I have chosen to follow it over, say, some MLA formats.

Back
Top Bottom