Assess thyself

I think to address the impostor syndrome, I gotta stop taking ability tests for short-term validation and instead try to actually become good at something, like biology. Hopefully it'll help. The most recent test I did (WASI, thankfully for free since I know someone who has a copy) just confirmed that ability test obsession can't really help me feel better, as I really do seem to invariably find at least one potential source of inflation / illegitimacy for every decent performance.
Please stop taking all these b******* tests.
They don't mean a thing.
They do not prove you are smart or dumb or happy or sad they're just b******* online tests.

Please stop taking all these b******* tests.
They don't mean a thing.
They do not prove you are smart or dumb or happy or sad they're just b******* online tests.
They ain't meaningless! But they're also far from perfectly precise.
Also the test I mentioned isn't an online test per se, it's sold by a major publisher. Maybe I should email them and assert that the raw score to scaled score table for vocab is too generous lol

This particular test is solely about a person's self confidence.
Not solely, it's a combination of curiosity / interest, and of course a desire for validation (unfortunately).
I feel like mine was mostly self-confidence and knowledge in my own abilities 🤷‍♀️ I’m not afraid of being exposed as a fraud (because I know I’m not) but at the same time I know I don’t have all of the same knowledge/abilities that other people do, but I do have other skill sets that they might not have 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom