Assess thyself

I feel like mine was mostly self-confidence and knowledge in my own abilities 🤷‍♀️ I’m not afraid of being exposed as a fraud (because I know I’m not) but at the same time I know I don’t have all of the same knowledge/abilities that other people do, but I do have other skill sets that they might not have 🤷‍♀️
My confidence in my own abilities is somewhat inconsistent, and I don't feel like I have any real areas of expertise even though I'm at least somewhat familiar with a relatively wide range of topics. I also currently have a lot of trouble doing things that require sustained mental effort, like reading books and even articles thoroughly, and that doesn't exactly inspire confidence. But yeah, everyone does indeed have strengths and weaknesses, and thankfully I have performed well at least a handful of times in various contexts.

I'm confident even when I don't even know what the heck I'm talking about.
😁
Girls Women GIF

They are fun to take, as long as you don’t take them too seriously 😉
Ya, I love these tests. I sometimes find explanations for certain things I do or feeling a I have, but in the end I know these are only silly tests, and they may be true in many ways, but I don't value them as much as I value other's and my own opinion about who I am.

It should be noted that there's a difference between personality questionnaires and ability tests! The tests posted here have primarily been the former. The latter tend to be more reliable, and are more along the lines of abstract nonverbal / visual problem solving, vocab, and verbal reasoning, among other things. There are a handful of good ones that can be found online, but they tend not to be "online tests" per se. The 1980s Scholastic Aptitude Test that can be found online is a good example.

But yeah, it can definitely be unhealthy (or at least unhelpful) to worry about them too much.

Back
Top Bottom