Assisted Duckling Shaking HELP!!!

I think he may have a swollen abdomen. The incubator had a humidity of 80% and I haven't seen him poop yet. He stuck on his back constantly. Can I fix a swollen abdomen!?

Ok, I know I'm now having conversations with myself but he's survived 24 hours. He's called Banana and has started eating and drinking but still isn't a very good walker. I'm going to do daily exercises to help him learn to walk. The problem is that he leans back on his legs like his sitting and can't step forward. He's already improved heaps today though. He also had straddle leg, so I've splinted it (taped his legs closer). His feet have unfolded and he's very energetic and LOUD!!

Here are a couple photos of Banana.
Eating for the first time!! (He is standing well in this picture!! :) )
IMG_0105.JPG
You can't really see in this picture but he's leaning back onto his knees and doesn't have the strength to stand properly.
IMG_0112.JPG

And here is just a cute photo!! He's such a sweetheart too!
IMG_0115.JPG

(BTW Whilst I keep saying 'he' I don't actually know what gender Banana is...)

I had a duckling that seemed to be leaning back on its knees and couldn’t walk well. We just had swim time often to build up muscles and I would make sure to let her follow me around. She would run- then plop! But she got it and now she has a very heavy waddle but still leans back on her knees. In the picture you can sorta see the different postures, the gray Swedish is the one I am talking about. She is also slightly overweight compared to my Cayuga.

Attachments

• 51EC2E5A-84C2-468C-9DE5-087556F75B4C.jpeg
    51EC2E5A-84C2-468C-9DE5-087556F75B4C.jpeg
    631.4 KB · Views: 8
Cute Duckling..It can take a couple of days for them to find their legs..Best wishes..
Thanks! Hopefully, his legs will strengthen up. He's a sweetheart anyway though.

I had a duckling that seemed to be leaning back on its knees and couldn’t walk well. We just had swim time often to build up muscles and I would make sure to let her follow me around. She would run- then plop! But she got it and now she has a very heavy waddle but still leans back on her knees. In the picture you can sorta see the different postures, the gray Swedish is the one I am talking about. She is also slightly overweight compared to my Cayuga.
She's beautiful anyway! I've been helping him with balance and standing. Maybe a bit of swimming soon!

Hi everyone.
I’m afraid to say that he passed away yesterday morning. He had such personality and was so sweet... I must admit I cried. A lot. He was the only egg to have hatched - it was getting to the end of duckling season and quite a few were infertile. Hopefully I’ll be able to find some more ducklings...
Rest In Peace Banana
I’ll always remember you...

Hi everyone.
I’m afraid to say that he passed away yesterday morning. He had such personality and was so sweet... I must admit I cried. A lot. He was the only egg to have hatched - it was getting to the end of duckling season and quite a few were infertile. Hopefully I’ll be able to find some more ducklings...
Rest In Peace Banana
I’ll always remember you...
That's too bad..Best wishes...

Back
Top Bottom