Assisting over due duck egg

Funkyfamer

Hatching
May 3, 2022
Hi there, I have an over due duck egg that's pipped the wrong end, nothing happened after 48"hiyrs from the external pip so I had to assist, the white membrane looks to be drying out and I can't see any veins, my question is, can I continue to assist while the sticky membrane is still a bit bloody or do I wait until its dried out done more? Thanks it's the first time I've had to do this

I've just put it back in the incubator, will post when I next wet the paper towel, the white membrane is starting to dry out and go yellow brown, I've put some vasoline on it and wrapped it in a damp paper towel, no obvious veins when I moisten it the white membrane it's just that sticky membrane it looks a bit bloody when I peel it away from the duckling, the duckling is still yawn ING and mouthing so it obviously still needs to absorb the yolk etc I'm just worried if I leave it over night it's going to dry out completely and I won't be able to get it out, I can see the beak which looks like it's positioned over the wing.

Back
Top Bottom