Assorted Bantams and 2 NOT Araucanas- ID help Please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chicknfun, Mar 23, 2012.

1. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    Hi All-
    I have 3 "assorted bantams, and 2 that came out of what was supposed to be a box of Araucanas, but they clearly have tails.
    I would appreciate any help in their identification, Thanks in advance![​IMG]
    In this picture, chick #1 The orangey one at the top, was supposed to be an Araucana.
    Chick #2 the dark one, "assorted bantam"
    Chick #3, the light one to the left of #1 also "assorted bantam", but I looked at his legs, and I think it is a silkie, (YAY) it has feathered legs and pretty dark skin....
    The bottom is a leghorn

[​IMG]
    In this picture, the darker one all the way to the right (chick #4) was supposed to be an Araucana, but it too has a tail. I think it could be a RIR? Chick #2 is 2nd from left here, and chick #3 again, far left

[​IMG]
    closer of chick #2

[​IMG]
    Here is chick #5, also "assorted bantam" . The next picture is also #5

[​IMG]
    Chick # 5 Sorry, not as clear as it could be, but must to use my camera phone

So, after looking at the legs of chick #3, I think it is definately a silkie.
    and, chick #5 has feathered legs. No feathers on chick #2 legs.

i couldn't get any other pics of the orangey colored chick #1, it wouldn't stand still long enough to get any good pics...[​IMG]

2. Hatch me if you can

Hatch me if you can Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2011
    Pendleton, OR
    Of the three chicks that are in question you have the following:

#1 Bantam EE
    #2 Golden Sebrite
    #3 Silkie
    #4 hard to tell from the angle ??
    #5 ??

They are all very beautiful babies and quite the assortment... [​IMG]

3. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Auracanas from hatcheries are always Easter Eggers. That's why they don't meet color and other breed standards. ;)

Agree with PP about the white silkie and golden sebright. #4 is also an EE. I'm having trouble seeing that 5th one. Can you get better pics? What type of comb, feathered legs?

4. ChickasaurusRex

ChickasaurusRex Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    SF Bay
    Chick #5 looks like a Mille Fleur D'uccle. If it has feathered feet then it is definitely a D'uccle! They are just so cute and you'll love having one! [​IMG]

5. polishchickens111

polishchickens111 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Over there
    They are.......CUTE. [​IMG]

6. chicknfun

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    Oh, Yes!! I was hoping that was it!! It definitely has feathered feet!!
    Chick #5 is waaaaayyy too cute!! I fell in love with it instantly[​IMG]...that's my favorite out of the bunch! I did try to do research to see if I could figure out what the questionable ones were before posting, but there's not as many pics of chicks as there are chickens!
    Thank you!
    I guess I did great at the feed store chick pick! There were very few bantams, and I brought home the 3 and got (hopefully) 3 different breeds that were on my 'desired chickens' list. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  7. chicknfun

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    Thank You PolishChickens, I think so too!! I am a proud chicken mama...LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by