Assorted brown egg layer

silkiemomma42

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 5, 2013
parrish, alabama
This is our sweet chick Harmony, we got her and 3 other chicks a month or so ago from the local seed & feed. They were in a big bin marked assorted brown egg layers. We have identified the other 3 chicks, but (s)he remains a mystery. any stab at gender or breed?? Thanks!

Lolipop

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 11, 2013
CT
Buff Orpington pullet!
love.gif

debid

Free Ranging
10 Years
Jan 20, 2011
middle TN
Hatcheries don't have SQ birds.

I didn't say they did. White skin is dominant, though, so it would take two yellow-skinned parents (or white with yellow in hiding) to mess that up. There are other buff breeds being offered at many hatcheries (Rocks, Leghorns, Minorca...)

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
I agree a profile shot would help. My first thought looking at it is this bird looks to be red colored, based on the limited view of the side. I think she's too orangey to be a buff. Maybe New Hamp?

debid

Free Ranging
10 Years
Jan 20, 2011
middle TN
I agree a profile shot would help. My first thought looking at it is this bird looks to be red colored, based on the limited view of the side. I think she's too orangey to be a buff. Maybe New Hamp?

You think she's that orange? She looks pretty buff on my screen but I see some sort of grayish tone showing in the wing that a side shot would give a better view of. I'm actually leaning gold star hybrid layer... But, of course, seeing the profile sometimes makes all the difference.

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom