Assorted brown egg layer

silkiemomma42

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 5, 2013
parrish, alabama
This is our sweet chick Harmony, we got her and 3 other chicks a month or so ago from the local seed & feed. They were in a big bin marked assorted brown egg layers. We have identified the other 3 chicks, but (s)he remains a mystery. any stab at gender or breed?? Thanks!

Buff Orpington pullet!
love.gif

Hatcheries don't have SQ birds.

I didn't say they did. White skin is dominant, though, so it would take two yellow-skinned parents (or white with yellow in hiding) to mess that up. There are other buff breeds being offered at many hatcheries (Rocks, Leghorns, Minorca...)

I agree a profile shot would help. My first thought looking at it is this bird looks to be red colored, based on the limited view of the side. I think she's too orangey to be a buff. Maybe New Hamp?

I agree a profile shot would help. My first thought looking at it is this bird looks to be red colored, based on the limited view of the side. I think she's too orangey to be a buff. Maybe New Hamp?

You think she's that orange? She looks pretty buff on my screen but I see some sort of grayish tone showing in the wing that a side shot would give a better view of. I'm actually leaning gold star hybrid layer... But, of course, seeing the profile sometimes makes all the difference.

Back
Top Bottom