1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

At Last!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BettyR, Jul 2, 2008.

1. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Here in Texas the summers are really hot…and that’s a huge understatement. So I have always in the past; as my mother and grandmothers before me; kept what we always called our out-stove.

A stove in the garage or some other small building near the house to do the cooking in the heat of the summer so you don’t heat the house up.

When we moved into this house last year it was near the end of the summer so DH didn’t run the gas line to hook-up my out-stove. When he got this month’s electric bill he almost ran; didn’t walk to the nearest building supply and purchased the pipe to hook up my out-stove.

I just pulled two loaves of bread out of the oven and my house is still cool. I am a happy lady!!!!

That’s a pot of eggs cooking there for deviled eggs on Friday.

[​IMG]

2. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Never heard of that before but what a great idea.
    [​IMG] @ your hubby running to get that pipe!

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    That'll teach him. Mine learned a similar lesson the same way....a HUGE electric bill and he got a move on too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by