At least one is a rooster--but which one?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JessicaV, Aug 2, 2014.

1. JessicaV

JessicaV Hatching

Jul 30, 2010
    I have three 8-week olds. I've heard crowing from the coop in the morning so I know that at least one is a rooster. But which one? If anyone can help I'd be very grateful. Also, I think that they are cochins, and they all have feathered legs--but can you confirm?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. emma p

emma p Songster

Jun 24, 2013
    Kansas
    The last one for sure a boy... He is really nice looking

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  3. ILoveChickens01

ILoveChickens01 Chirping

Jul 17, 2014
    I think they all are roosters

4. Manningjw

Manningjw Songster

First one and last one are boys. The middle one might be a girl, the face isn't as red, no real wattle development and for a straight comb it is still quite small.

5. JessicaV

JessicaV Hatching

Jul 30, 2010
    Okay, I'm crossing my fingers that the middle one (hera) is a girl. So sad about the golden laced one (aphrodite) since we aren't zoned for roosters. And do you think that they are all cochins?

6. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

1 and 3 are cockerels and 2 is a pullet! :)

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

Agree the middle bird is your only hope of a pullet. Se may be a cochin, we'll need a full body shot to say for sure. Profile pic, including legs is best. From what I can see, I'm thinking she's not, or at least not pure. She just doesn't have the look....but I could be wrong. The first bird isn't a cochin, as they have straight combs. I can't see the last bird's comb well enough, but the color is no standard cochin color, so it's likely mixed also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: