At the risk of sounding like a bad rap song...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by crtrlovr, Jan 29, 2009.

1. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

ICE, ICE, BABY.... [​IMG] It's everywhere. This part of the country looks like a concussion bomb was dropped from above & blew out the tops of all the trees. We listened to limbs breaking and falling all night Tues. and Wed. morning. We are SO BLESSED, THOUGH!!!! We had groceries, food for the cats & birds, chicken crumbles and scratch, and water. Some of the areas use electric boost pumps in their water stations, and when those went out, whole neighborhoods lost the water access, too. We have a gas stove, and when the power went out, we could boil water on the stove & add to the humidity, making the comfort level SO much better. Our water heater is also gas, so we've had hot water, the ability to cook, and our power came back on yesterday. There are still THOUSANDS in this region w/o power, so we are very, VERY thankful to the Lord. We had 3 families here, and have been making it just fine. We've shared things with other families, and have been able to get out of our driveway. There's going to be a long road to recovery from all this, but it will happen. It feels SO GOOD to be able to have internet access again (though phones are still out). I have missed BYC so very much! It's just nice to know folks are still out there! [​IMG] *hugs* crtrlovr

2. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Glad to have you back and to hear you are ok [​IMG]

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

TYVM; I was about to think I was unwanted & unloved... [​IMG] but now I'm [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I glad you and yours survived the worst- hang in there, and hopefully clean up/ aftermath wont be too bad.

Welcome back...and your Spring should be there any day now. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by