At what age do Black Australorps begin to lay their first eggs???

Pics
My eight week olds are still do far off :(

Feeling jealous

At least my cockerels are starting to get extra pretty

Last edited:
Here's my one and only Australorpe. Belle. She is around 28 weeks. Red comb. Red developed wattles. No eggs.

Maybe I have a dud.

Wow, she is gorgeous. I only have three girls with only one Australorp but she is just barely showing any pink. And definitely nowhere close to red. Hope she looks like this beauty as she ages.

She will lay any day now. Purebread chicken are older when they first lay, lay for longer as they live longer... not dying of exhaustion as do hybrids. I have two and they each lay ever day so far. I'd be happy for them to slow up but no sign so far.
Love your girl and tell her how beautiful she is. She will be a good layer very soon. :D

My Australorp, Onyx, started at a little over 30 weeks. We bought her and three siblings at a feed store and slipped them under a broody hen in the night. She was the only survivor, alas. But she just started laying, and has layed 3 eggs in 4 days. She is very beautiful.

I assuming mine are 12-13 weeks old. We have had them 7 weeks yesterday. We bouight them from Atwoods. I know I have a good 3-4 months most likely before they start to lay, but we are looking forward to it. They were in their temporary coop indoors during a massive thunderstorm and tornado watch until I can reinforce their coop. Didn't want to risk anything with our girls. This is what they we put them in when we first got them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom