At what age..?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Morgan7782, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Can you tell pretty well the gender of Wyandottes? Most specifically, Blue Wyandottes and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes? Besides waiting for a crow or an egg, what age can you have a good idea of the gender? Thanks [​IMG]

2. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    For me, it's been pretty obvious at 4 weeks. Using comb colour, of course. But it is reallllly difficult if you only have one, camparison help incredibly.

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    I have 4 of them. 2 Blues and 2 Splash BLRW. The Splash's combs are no different at all. One thing I found odd though, one of my Blues has a flesh colored comb (no pink to it) and the other has a black comb. What's up with that? These girls are 8 weeks old and supposed pullets. I am rehoming 2 of them and want to be as honest as I can be when sending them to their new homes. I have some pictures here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=364205

There are more pictures further down as well. If you think they are anything other then 8 weeks feel free to say so too, but if you wouldn't mind taking a look and giving me an opinion or thought? Thanks! I want to keep the Splash BLRW with the somewhat better color/lacing and the Blue Wyandotte with the flesh colored comb. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] for pullets!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by