At what age......................

what are your temps at night in S.C. now? I'd assume they are warm enough to keep your birds outside now. Check with Foulman here on the Emu forum..he is in S.C. as well and has LOTS of Emu experience!
smile.png

Dan

Mine go out to the shed on day 5 but I do keep a 250 w heat lamp running. Big bird will be fine by now as long as it stays above freezing
74752_img_20110408_182617.jpg

The emu shed 12 and counting

Quote:
Thanks for the info/help. My next worry would be him having to be outside by his self. I would be affraid that he might run around and hurt his self if he was scared to be outside away from me since he would be alone. He goes crazy if I take him outside and get out of his sight.

Mine have started to rebel a bit and will get further and further away. Then when they realize I am out of sight its a free for all running back to me.

We moved our three week old baby emus outside today. We built a pen for them and have a 250 watt sweeter heater hanging right over their sleeping pad. For some reason they loved the pasture grass bedding and buried themselves in it. The leopard print fabric is their sleeping bag. That is an emu buried to the right if it.

34566_emuhouse-1-2.jpg

34566_emuhouse-1.jpg

I'll get some better pics tomorrow. They share a little yard with the goats and their pens are connected. I am hoping the become great friends.

Back
Top Bottom