At What Point Do I Call MM?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by illinichick, Apr 29, 2009.

1. illinichick

illinichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    SE Il
    I received my 25 TopHats on Monday morning and have lost 1 each day. The temp. is right, chick starter to eat and, plenty of water etc... How many do I lose before I call them?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Are you talking about a chick on tuesday and a chick today? You can call them now if you wish but it is 'expected' to lose a couple it is stressful being shipped...some just fail to thrive. Some do not even make the journey from hatchery to you. I personally would wait until Friday an give a call.

3. rachiegirl

rachiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    So sorry for your loss. [​IMG] I would call asap, and let them know there is a problem! Most hatcheries will give you three days. I don't know what they would do in a situation like this though, but I would definitely call now. Good luck, I hope you don't lose any more! [​IMG]

4. illinichick

Mar 31, 2008
    SE Il
    They sent several of the same breed and 2-3 pairs of different colors, ie. red heads with brown bodies, and 2 gray colored ones. Of course it's the different colored ones that have died and left a "partner". Does anyone know if MM has a waiting policy before they replace dead chicks?

5. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    They have a 48hr guarantee. They usually send at least 1 extra "just in case". If it is a large number that don't make it, they will give the choice of replacement or reimbursment. If it is only a few they will reimburse. I'd call them ASAP if it is more than a couple. We ordered 36 with friends, 10 didn't make it. They replaced the 10 and sent 14 packing peanuts. Those all made it just fine. Sorry for your loss.

6. illinichick

Mar 31, 2008
    SE Il
    I just called them and they refunded me for the 4 that have died. I just hope the rest is still alive when I get home. MM's guarentee is just for the first 48 hours.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by