at what point do you call for help?

DH is an LEO (fish and wildlife) and he gets these calls often. Many, many times the wife calls a few minutes later saying,"he finally called" or "he just walked in the door". So, don't sweat it, it happens. Better safe than sorry.
smile.png

As someone else said, it would depend. My ex-husband used to disappear all of the time. He'd walk to the store for a pack of smokes and be gone for hours on end, or he'd wait until I fell asleep and then would go to the bar, I'd wake up in the morning, no hubby, and here he'd still be drinking up until noon at a buddy's place or something. Anyways, one of the times, he was just running for a pack of smokes. The store was five minutes away, so I started to worry when he didn't come home. I called everyone in the area, knocked on neighbors' doors, etc. I was actually to the point that I was looking in the creek for a body and everything. Finally, his brother went to the one neighbor's place (one that I knocked at twice before) and he was there, drunk as a skunk. I was absolutely flipping furious. It was like five hours later... I tell you, I was about ready to PUT him in the creek! Lol. Anyways, now, the current BF is never late for anything. Once in a blue moon, he'll go somewhere and I'll just start to wonder if he's ok, and he'll show up, lol.

If it were my husband I wouldn't have called for a few more hours, but my husband always forgets the time and chats for far longer than he thinks he will. That man can talk!

chickensducks&agoose :

Quote:
Good thing it's COOL to end up sleeping on the couch for a week!
smile.png

Hed just sneak in the bed in the middle of the night
lol.png

When dh goes hiking or climbing I make a point of asking exactly where he is going, who he is going with, and when to expect him back. He's learned to write it all down for me if I am not there when he leaves. He does usually give me a return time later than he expects
wink.png
He also calls when he is headed home.

However, when it's a long day at work? I usually have to call him to find out.

My hubby is a chatty Kathy (er, umm Karl) so I probably would have waited a bit longer. He has worried me many times, too. I would not be embarassed or ashamed that you called, though. It is better to be safe than sorry. My hubby has gotten a little better. I have had him go off into the woods without a note or even telling me when I'm sitting right there before he walks out the door. He's been gone for hours -- and I just thought he was out in the polebarn until I needed him for something.
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom