at what point do you call for help?

skeeter03

Songster
10 Years
Jun 23, 2009
Vernon
Ok help me with this one.
Dh went for a threewheeler ride last night to visit some friends at the lake on the mountain - he can leave from the house here and he was by himself.
he left around 5:30ish its about 1.5 hours ride there and back. couple of hours for a visit shoudve been home by at least between 8-9pm
9 pm i am sound asleep woke up to a gunshot (whole other story and issue Lol) noticed that hubby was not back yet. It is dark at this point in time.
I waited until 10:30 pm then started panicking a bit
called a buddy and left a message with him to call me back to maybe help search for him. 10:45pm no call back from buddy - so I then called the Police.
Dh of course shows up 5 minutes after I hung up with the Police and doesnt get why I would be upset with him and why i called the police for help.
So at what point do you call for help then when someone is by himself (yes another whole issue riding by himself) and doesnt show up on time?

Alot longer than you did!
lol.png
If he left at 5:30, he got ther at 6:15, stay for 2 hours makes it 8:15 and home by 9 pm. But that is IF he only stayed for 2 hours. I would have waited til at least midnight. Does he have a cell phone??

I would have given him more time....
But i do understand why you were concerned....

I feel your pain honey!! I have to say it depends on the man. My first husband worried me so many times, for no reason. He apparently had never heard of a phone
lol.png
He was always late. After 5 years or so I quit worrying, he always made me feel stupid when I did. It is a good thing he was never hurt or anything, I would have just assumed he was off screwing around.

The wonderful man I am married to now, would never be late. If he thinks he is going to be late he will call. If he didn't show up or call when he said he would I would have to assume he was hurt or worse.

Tell him from now on he should call you from their house when he leaves so you don't have to worry. It is dangerous to ride alone at night, I would have worried too.
hugs.gif

i told him "if you had been lying up there with a broken leg or stranded with a broken machine you would be mad that I waited as long as I did!"

you called a little quick IMO, but it clearly shows how much you love him. Any guy would be proud to have somebody like u on our side... couple of sayings that I find appropriate........

Behind every great man ......... Is a woman rolling he eyes

behind every great man.......... Is a woman who got him there.

'Nuff said. Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.
hugs.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

For my friend and myself it was getting dark and the guys were not back yet and there had been a mountain lion spotted a mile from the house.

He should feel glad you called the police for help.
Too many people have gotten hurt or even killed being by themselves out somewhere.

On the first night as a sophomore in college, my roommate gave me her cell phone number. She said she'd be back at 7 from church. She walked there. At 10PM I called her cell phone to see if she was alright. There was no answer and she wasn't answering texts. I called the campus police who ran down to the on-campus youth group. She came back laughing and brought me a gift to show how happy she was that I was that concerned for her.

Honestly, I was just happy she came back alive. You can NEVER know what's going to happen at night.

Better safe than sorry, if you wait too long and they are injured they could die waiting, if you call and they just forgot the time they might be a little embarrassed but less likely to forget to call you the next time.

When my son was 11 he went on a trip with my parents, on Friday they called me and told me they would be back Saturday night. Saturday night, not home,, ok,, Sunday morning,, not home, no phone call. Sunday 1pm,, no call,, I called the SO in my County told them they were coming back from AZ, supposed to be back almost 24 hours ago, they have my minor son I'm worried. LOL,, the SO puts out a call on the radio to watch out for a 76 Scout, 3 people etc.. They got pulled over about 45 miles from home late Sunday night,, lights flashing and everything. Deputy walks up to my dad,, says I'll bet your Lee ..... and this must be JoAnn and Steven! Of course he's just mind boggled that the Deputy knew his name lol,, then they guy hands him his phone and says "You better call your daughter, she wants to know where her son is and that you are safe". They have NEVER forgotten to call me and tell me they got distracted again!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom