Kenna-benna28

Hatching
Jan 3, 2024
I have a duck that is about 6 months old. Im pretty sure its a male. Two days ago when he was outside we were having some work done and he was getting into stuff on my porch and i kept getting him and moving him but thinkin back on it he mightve gotten to some moldy cat food that was behind stuff that we moved. He has a niacin deficiency so he gets niacin once a week in his water. When he was about a month old he had two seizures like half n hour apart after my brother put some diatomaceous earth on him. He hasnt had that on him nor has had a seizure since. Yesterday I noticed something was wrong as he was lethargic. He still ate and drank but didnt care when pet or touched (he usually doesnt like to be held or pet and he usually will go to bite my brother, the cats, and dogs but he didnt yesterday) i gave him some electrolytes yesterday. Today he is refusing to eat or drink and is barely moving and his wings are hanging. I called our vet and they said just to give him fresh grass and fresh air as he has to pass the fowl stomach

Welcome to BYC!

How is your duck doing? Sorry you haven't gotten a reply!
I'm not sure what's wrong, as I don't have any duck experience. I know giving activated charcoal can help when something toxic gets digested, and I think you need to give more niacin than you are to treat that deficiency.
Other than that I'm not sure what to do.

Back
Top Bottom