Atheists and Humanists Group

I'm unreligious. I kind of shy away from the term atheist now though, simply because it seems to be used by more confrontational people. My attitude is "hey, believe whatever you like as long as it isn't hurting anyone" these days. :p
I used to love picking fights with religious people though. :oops:

I am Christian. It is a little difficult for me to believe that all the majesty and wonders of this earth and the vast universe does not have a divine hand in it's creation and continuation. But I can also understand others reluctance to believe as I do. I do not condemn anyone for their beliefs, this is America, where we are assured freedom of religion in our Constitution. Friends come from all walks of life-why should everyone be just like me? It sure would be a boring world!
lau.gif
I think there are zealots who go way overboard on both sides. Why fight about it? Why not respect each other and each others beliefs?

I am Christian. It is a little difficult for me to believe that all the majesty and wonders of this earth and the vast universe does not have a divine hand in it's creation and continuation. But I can also understand others reluctance to believe as I do. I do not condemn anyone for their beliefs, this is America, where we are assured freedom of religion in our Constitution. Friends come from all walks of life-why should everyone be just like me? It sure would be a boring world! :lau  I think there are zealots who go way overboard on both sides. Why fight about it? Why not respect each other and each others beliefs?
:thumbsup That's a healthy way to view the world. It's not like arguing with peoples' beliefs usually works, after all, so it's generally better to just live and let live.

I am Christian. It is a little difficult for me to believe that all the majesty and wonders of this earth and the vast universe does not have a divine hand in it's creation and continuation. But I can also understand others reluctance to believe as I do. I do not condemn anyone for their beliefs, this is America, where we are assured freedom of religion in our Constitution. Friends come from all walks of life-why should everyone be just like me? It sure would be a boring world!
lau.gif
I think there are zealots who go way overboard on both sides. Why fight about it? Why not respect each other and each others beliefs?

goodpost.gif
. That's a excellent outlook on religious tolerance.

It's also quite nice to see such a variety of cultures and beliefs on the site.

Yes. If people have to have a religion its great if they can accept others personal beliefs and other religions.

I wish all the world would be like that.

Yay! A thread for me! I find it sometimes difficult to express my beliefs because I feel like some (not all) more dogmatic people exclude me just on pretense. :-/. I am a pretty open-minded person and am very respectful when it comes to the beliefs of others. I wish that (some) others would be as respectful and understanding.

Last edited:
I mostly just stay quiet about my beliefs in real life. It's kind of because I live in a fairly religiously diverse area though, and religion just isn't a topic of conversation usually. :p

lau.gif
I always think this is interesting, because I am the exact opposite! I always look at the things around me and think how amazing it is that these things developed over time in such a specific way. I totally respect all other beliefs though! My beliefs are just the scientist in me showing through!

I would say I identify more as an atheist the older I get and the more I learn. A good portion of the students in my program also consider themselves atheists, so it is nice to have that support. We are an extremely accepting group though (My classmates I mean) and we respect all other beliefs.

Back
Top Bottom