Attaching hardware cloth

I had wondered about that with the netting. I don’t want my chickens attacked by owls or hawks, but I don’t want any of those raptors entangled in netting either.

Not to say it's impossible, but I think you're unlikely to find raptors tangled in netting. They should be able to see it even if they make an attempt to get in. Hubby saw a hawk divebomb towards the run and it peeled off when it saw the netting at the last moment.

Also assuming you install it so there's not too much slack, they'd most likely bounce off of it rather than get tangled.

I really like the flags! 😍
I had wondered about that with the netting. I don’t want my chickens attacked by owls or hawks, but I don’t want any of those raptors entangled in netting either. I have an old tower of blank CDs. If I dispersed some of those across the top would that serve as a deterrent, or just make it even more visually confusing?

Thanks for the coop compliment! We used some plans I bought on Etsy that we modified a bit to add ventilation and make things easier to clean. 😊
I think anything that indicates the presence of a barrier improves safety for creatures on both sides of the net. Old cd’s would lay flat so you wouldn’t have to look at them but they’d be obvious to lurking hawks and owls (who are in their own right magnificent birds. I just don’t want them carrying off my chickens).

I think anything that indicates the presence of a barrier improves safety for creatures on both sides of the net. Old cd’s would lay flat so you wouldn’t have to look at them but they’d be obvious to lurking hawks and owls (who are in their own right magnificent birds. I just don’t want them carrying off my chickens).
Absolutely! I love seeing the hawks & owls. I just need to keep the chickens safe. 🥰
Thanks for the feedback. I will put some CDs up on top of the netting when it’s in place.

Thanks! I wondered about which would be structurally better, but didn’t know whether predators would be pushing or pulling.
I found lathe screws very easy to install and very secure. Home Depot has them. I used the 3/4” length.
BF98DB15-DB1A-40D1-B77D-6AFF0B2E9B14.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom