attack of chicken math!

chiqita

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 29, 2011
San Jose, Ca
OK, DH and I were out returning a Uhal and i was browsing on craigslist, only to see someone trying to get rid of 5 showgirls. He'd gotten a silkie from a breeder who had inseminated eggs and she hid in his neighbors yard with the eggs until hey hatched, bringing back a load of showgirls.

The guy had never seen anything like them before and was mildly horrified. Since he is over his legal chicken limit, he raised em to 3-4 mths and decided to rehome em.

They are a mix of gorgeous and butt ugly. the mum was sort of 1/ silkie 1/2 reg feathers and was probably a cull from someones showgirl stock. I didn't get a picture of her, but she was black with very glossy normal back feathers and a crest, and silkie butt and feet.

He thought they were all pullets, no one is crowing nor do they have much comb action going on. There is NO WAY I can keep 5, but I did want one and I've not seen them around here before at all. Do they look like pullets? One of the white ones has regular feathers and the rest are all definitely silkie, all have feathered feet and 5 toes ( I think they are in the freaked out pullet stage and hard to get to hold still)

here is a pic of all of them in the coop ( see above)

The white girl in the back you can see her normal feathers on her head

and another

Last edited:
I LOVE them! You're so lucky, I love showgirls! Enjoy them!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom