attack of the hen... help!

Quote:
How old is yours? Is she laying yet? I'm thinking maybe its a case of PMS or something. LOL. Make sure you post your pics on this thread so I can see them. I'm anxious to see what she (or he) looks like. This is so frustrating. I will definately have to try to hang her upside down tomorrow. LOL. I'm afraid to ask my husband to go out there. If she attacks him, she'll end up in a stew right away. He didn't even want chickens but the idea is finally starting to grow on him. I just got 5 day old chicks in the mail today. I sure hope I don't have this problem with them!

She is about 17 weeks and I think she is the one laying my first eggs, DH didn't want the chickens at first but he is so into them now, that he is protecting her. I was ready to make her stew the first time she attacked me, and I am still ready. I will not be afraid to go into my coop. But she has made me afraid.

Quote:
What a pain in the neck! I just don't want her to attack my kids
sad.png
. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. I just don't know where it came from. She became evil over night.

Mine too, one day she was just a scaredy chick freak and the next she was mean as could be.

My roo just went to freezer camp on Friday. I did not like having to sidle around the yard always keeping an eye on him so he couldn't sneak up behind me. The same thing will happen to any hen who attacks me repeatedly. Now I can go outside and enjoy the rest of my chickens.

Quote:
LOL Thats a cute article and describes me well....I fight back LOL Today though I brought treats to her, and she still looked at me like I was dinner. I really don't care if she is a she or a he if it doesn't stop I am gonna eat it.

Yes! See, I use to LOVE going out there and just watching them... Now, it's such a pain! I have to put boots on and carry a rake with me the whole time! Plus, I'm constantly looking over my shoulder to see if she's going to sneak up on me. It's like a scary movie!

Quote:
LMAOF I know what you mean so you are not alone in this, dh told me tonight that he will protect her! Well he's not home 24 - 7 LOL

OKay.... Here's is a pic of my evil hen. This morning she got me pretty good again. I gave her nice swift boot in the fanny. Hopefully, she'll get the point. I'm still convinced she is a hen. But, you guys judge for yourself:
27544_img_1790.jpg

27544_img_1794.jpg

On a happier note, here are my new babies
smile.png

27544_img_1759.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard nasty hens are very tasty.....

If this were my bird, I don't care whether it's a rooster or a hen, it's gone.

My RIR has been aggressive in the past. I'm assuming she was challenging me in the pecking order. She's gone after me 3 times and got me good! After the third time I took her and carried her around for 3 days. I then picked her up several times a day and held her until she was calm. After a week her attitude changed and now she is very sweet. My RIR follows me around and jumps in my lap as soon as I sit down. Good luck.

Quote:
Yours looks a lot like mine, Aww the babies are cute. I will get pics of mine this afternoon and post them tonight. Sorry she got you again, I'm afraid to even think about putting my hand anywhere near mine without protection.

Back
Top Bottom