Attention anyone who has succesfully hatched bobwhite eggs!!! UPDATED!

hobbychick

Songster
12 Years
May 9, 2007
Illinois
Hi, I am getting ready to put in my first batch of bobwhite eggs. I have hatched many chicken eggs this year in my bator and thought I would try some quail. I have my eggs sitting ready to go and my bator is steady. I am putting them in, in the morning. Does anyone have any helpful hints? Also do you candle them like you do your chicken eggs? They are so small. I have quail egg turners and I have my temp at 100 and humidity at 60. I want to have a successful hatch so any advice would be great!!!

Thanks!!!
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
They take 23-24 days. I usually candle on day 7 or 10 to pull out any quitters. Move them to the hatcher on day 20 and don't open it until they are done hatching. They start slow, but once they get going they hatch like popcorn. Very cool! Have fun and good luck.

Yes, as long as you don't disrupt them during the hatch they hatch really easy.

Great. Hopefully this will go well.!!!
fl.gif
I am very excited. They bad thing is they take longer then chicken eggs and it seems like those take forever!!
pop.gif

I have some hatching today. Today is day 23, they started pipping last night. I had the humidity between 45-50 for incubation and 60 for the hatch.

They are so darn cute!

My eggs are hatching today!!!
celebrate.gif

I have one baby so far and alot of pips!!!!

Can anyone tell me if I can feed them regular chick feed, or if I need game bird chick starter?

Thanks.

wee.gif
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom