ATTN: Photographers... Digital Camera Discussion....

Well I did it. I went to Arlington Camera today and purchased my camera. I REALLY wanted the Oly E620, but that was only because of the flippy LCD screen and the in camera art filters. I had to settle my taste buds a little bit and go with what I could afford, which was the Oly E520.

The salesman did show me the Sony something or nother, that was comparable to the E520, however the Sony had a few less features than the Oly did, one being the 'live view' LCD screen.

I think I made a pretty good decision. I researched and read as many reviews and things as I could, and I really think this little Oly is going to help me get started again.

Now I get to go unpack it! WOO WHOOO!

Quote:
I've got to get the battery charged first!
barnie.gif

Why dont they sell electronics with fully charged batteries???

Quote:
I've got to get the battery charged first!
barnie.gif

Why dont they sell electronics with fully charged batteries???

I have often wondered this very thing myself!!
he.gif

Oh and what kind of software came in the box with it? One of my favorites is photoshop elements (well photoshop but hey who has the $800). Elements 4 or higher will work wonders on your digital images and allow a lot of play leeway.

Last edited:
Ummmm... I think its called Olympus Master?! I'm sure it isn't anything near Photoshop, but I'm sure its eyons beyond my Photo Explosion that came with my $25 printer... LOL

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to put the battery in and go out and snap a few shots. AND BEFORE YOU ASK... I dont know how to get them off the camera yet so I can't show you.

But I can tell you that I am IN UTTER AND COMPLETE LOVE WITH IT! I think I'm going to sleep with it tonight... LOL

BEST $500 I've spent in a good while! Can't wait to get out to the Botanic Gardens in Fort Worth next week and shoot some stuff!

I'm already planning my first "Series" of photos. LOL!

Quote:
Does your new camera have image stabilizer? I have the nikon D-80 slr and it does not. I think it really helps to have it, but i have no professional training like you. Your lucky to have been shown how.

Back
Top Bottom