ATTN: Yokohama Lovers!

How long have you been able to get your tails? 

Are you working on specefic colours?

Over 20 yrs. I do work on specific colors. And when I breed for my flock, I will pair the birds or put small groups in breeding pens and mark the chicks so they are easily identifiable as offspring from the parent stock chosen.
This helps me to keep up with the lines and know what produced what. I also can tell about the parental stocks genotype by the phenotype of the offspring which is helpful if you are setting out to "work on a specific color" especially if it is a color that can be achieved my mixing genes (like artists' paints) to achieve the desired result.

A friend of mine is bringing me this pretty little hen tomorrow, she says it's a Yokohama, what do you guys think? Is she pure or mixed??

No it's not . Yokes have a cushion comb, no or small wattles . They come red shoulder and whites. I actually had the original imports and bred them for years and made the silver duckwing by crossing onigadori fowl . Sold the flock to a famous hatchery where almost all of them came from . They are very inbreed and I had so many crocked breast bones!

No it's not . Yokes have a cushion comb, no or small wattles . They come red shoulder and whites. I actually had the original imports and bred them for years and made the silver duckwing by crossing onigadori fowl . Sold the flock to a famous hatchery where almost all of them came from . They are very inbreed and I had so many crocked breast bones!

I believe now that she is a Phoenix hen. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom