Auburn Javas-12+ Hatching Eggs

46BBE6B8-3A88-4E79-A0B7-777457ACA281.jpeg
54076DAA-F80B-4E23-A1B2-055BA837022B.jpeg
F70A6DE2-0D63-42B5-B4FB-A02899737A80.jpeg
I started with incubating my first batch of shipped eggs last August. Ten hatched - OIY! SIX roosters and 4 hens.
Ready to cull down to 2 breeding pairs - in communication with the breeder for assistance on selecting the 2 roos to keep and the best way to pair them with the hens I have.
I’m a Long way from having any eggs or chicks to sell. These birds mature slowly, as do most heritage birds, and my opinion of which 2 are my top roos has shifted considerably in just the last 6 weeks. My hens have just started laying, but with 6 hormonal boys the Barnyard Drama has everyone stressed out and laying is sporadic.
Just got a 10x10 dog lot and am going to move all but what I think are my 2 best roos into it to decrease the stress and see if the laying issue and one or 2 other issues aren’t alleviated.
I’m in North Carolina and the breeder is in Illinois. I want to get some more pullets and maybe another cockrel next summer, probably going to west Canda midsummer and will plan to drive by and bring some home - I hope!
PIC: “bad” rooster, “good” rooster, and one of the hens

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom