Auction: 6+ Splash Marans eggs

dldolan

WineNChooks
13 Years
Aug 11, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
Offered for sale are 6+ Splash Marans hatching eggs. My trio is one year old, and producing well after their Fall molt. All feathered-legged, lovely combs (no sprigs!) and thus far all their chicks have had feathered shanks. (See photos)

I was awarded a 1st place in the Splash Marans category in the end of January at the PPBA 65th Annual Winter Show in Stockton, CA, where the MCC USA put on their egg show.

My birds came from the Channing Grisham line, and I culled for size and correctness. Leg color still needs work. Hens (Zsa Zsa and Eva) are 7 lbs, and Lil' Joe is a big boy at almost 12 lbs.

Please post your bid in this thread (and any questions!), as per the instructions for this thread. Starting price $20. Highest bidder as of Monday, 2-20-2012 at 1pm, PTS will be sent an email asking for immediate payment through PayPal. All eggs individually bubble wrapped (I have never had a broken egg), and shipping will be by USPS Express Mail on Tuesday, February 21st, so remember that you will have to add the shipping cost of $15.45 (FLAT RATE LARGE BOX) onto your bid. PAYPAL only

Thanks for looking!
Dawn
emo1.gif

do you still raise splash marans, we live in Yuba City and can come and get chicks, adults, or fertile eggs.

Erika (530)751-1988

Hi Erika,
I just PM'ed you, and hadn't seen that you had posted on my closed Auction.
Yes, I have eggs to sell! $20 for six, but I'll give you 8 if I have them. What is your time frame? The eggs I collect through Friday are committed. I assume you will want to come down on a weekend? If so, I would collect for you starting on a Monday, and you can hatch out whatever 5 days gives you. My local hatches have had excellent fertility, even 7 day-old eggs! I think it is the mailing that shakes them up, but I got a 70%+ hatch on the Splash Marans I originally had shipped to me from TX.

Anyway, let me know what you are thinking. You can email me at [email protected]. I'll PM you this as well.
Dawn

Back
Top Bottom