auction rant

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
has anyone noticed that the largest liers always seem to be the highest sales in the auctions?

I mean that often I see posts about someone buying eggs that were not the color that was advertised. most often in Ameraucanas and Marans. Anyway the sellers always have a reason for it and frankly I know often they are stretching the truth. I alway post exactly what you are getting and frankly my egg color is darker than a lot of eggs I purchased and no one wants to touch my auction. I also show the exact parents in my auctions so there are no surprises.

Now if I darkened the pics like some other people do I would probably see a bidding war.
th.gif

Just saying that it seems honesty is not alwys the best policy I guess if you want to make money on e-bay or eggbid.

I have started to only place feedback after I have hatched since it is way to easy to send eggs that dont break.

is anyone else having this problem? or is it just me???

Yeah...it's sad....my issue is that a lot of people STEAL others' photos (a lot of NICE birds in the U.K.)--and claim them to be their own. I'll see big, beautiful fluffy orps and google "black orpington" and find the same picture on a website in the U.K. And those go for $50-$75 for 6+ eggs....I feel sorry for the people who think their eggs/chicks will ever have a chance to grow up & look like that! LOL

Back
Top Bottom