Aug-Nov egg stats

Quote:
Great post. I know a lot of us with layers just starting to come of age are wondering when they will start. Mine are 18 weeks today so hopefully I will have an egg or two soon.

My hubby is making me a spreadsheet for egg keeping (He may have already by now) ...I think I can share that easily enough if anyone is interested let me know.
big_smile.png

Cool. That would be great if you could share. I should be getting eggs during Sept from the dozen RIR girls. I would love to track them. It would help with future breed choices.

Great posts. Wondered if others kept track.
Our mixed flock just hit 5 month yesterday. 2rsl's 2rir's 1bsl and 4wl's
total egg count 49 eggs for the last 7days
yesterday 8 eggs highest daily total

I kept an egg log in August. (I'm so glad to see I'm not the only chicken/egg-obsessed person in the world!!!
lau.gif
)

I got my first egg August 9th.

From my chickens I got:

4 Golden Comets... 22 weeks old today: 68 eggs (2 of them double yolkers)
3 Easter Eggers... 23 weeks old today: 16 eggs
1 Buff Orp...22 weeks old today: 0
2 Black Sex-Links...18 weeks old today: 0
1 Easter Egger...18 weeks old today (younger): 0

Total Eggs: 84 eggs

I'm getting 4 eggs almost everyday from my Golden Comets. The eggs are beautiful, clean and clear and really yummy! If I ever get chickens again in the future...that's what I'm getting...they really are high productions chickens! And they are so friendly and sweet! Of course, I'll always have to have a couple EE's too...their eggs are so pretty. I have an EE that's laying pretty pale turquoise eggs, one that's laying pink eggs and one who's eggs are pale olive green! I have one more EE who isn't laying yet, but she's younger and from different stock, so I'm anxious to see what she lays!

Last edited:
I keep a egg count on my girls.
Aug total 705 eggs.
I have some young girls that are just starting to lay had a few trying to molt . and 2 raising chicks and one wanting to.
It should pick back up this month.

Back
Top Bottom