August 2022 Hatch-a-long

Pics
How are the WTB laying so far? When did they start? What color are the eggs? Ours are 8 weeks, so we have awhile but we just lost one of our Olive Eggers so I am anxiously awaiting some more color in our farm cartons!
Aw man, so sorry about your OE! 💕

The WTB are still pretty sporadic about laying, I get 2-4 blue eggs a day from 7 WTB. The Orpingtons, Bielefelder, and KoolAid the BYM are very reliable, laying almost every day. Still small eggs, but everyone’s are slowly increasing in size 🎉 They’re a BEAUTIFUL blue, not light at all
39B21C88-33DC-4B74-8332-9F923927E46E.jpeg
664651C1-4FC9-4320-AE77-FAC2F1719940.jpeg

So sorry you lost your OE. :hugs

Aw man, so sorry about your OE! 💕

The WTB are still pretty sporadic about laying, I get 2-4 blue eggs a day from 7 WTB. The Orpingtons, Bielefelder, and KoolAid the BYM are very reliable, laying almost every day. Still small eggs, but everyone’s are slowly increasing in size 🎉 They’re a BEAUTIFUL blue, not light at all
View attachment 3224147View attachment 3224149
Thanks, guys. Out of the 3 Olive Eggers from TSC last year, we only have one left. Lesson learned, won’t be buying any from there again! They were beautiful hens but not hardy at all…one I had to nurse multiple times as a baby, and this one got a swollen stomach and died shortly after (thinking reproductive).

Your WTB eggs are stunning! Thank you for the pics. 😊

Back
Top Bottom