*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

outback they are sooo cute thank you for pics

Rozzie that is cute how they ride in under momma!
congrats to all

I had a depressing day I'm so sad
My broody was not happy in the house with her babies every evening I went to gather her and the babies up to put them in the crate she threw an absolute fit So today I got up and went out to line the coop-run with another fence so they could not get out throught the chicken wire!
I got it fixed up and put her and all 5 babies in coop she was HAPPY as can be! I watched them for a lil while and went in the house an hour and a half later my mother in law came over I took her to show her the babies and momma and babies had gotten out but no other chickens??
I did not realize they were out until my rott found them I ran over there and scooped her up and there were only 3 babies instead of 5 !!
hit.gif
I feel so awful how did they get out and none of the others?
hide.gif
I tried to find the other 2 babies but no trace of them I searche dfor ever listening for lil cheep NOTHING not even any feathers
hit.gif
th.gif

Thank you Mrs.fluffy puffy
I have let them out the past 3 days few hours here and there and they have been fine then today this? NONE of my flock EVER get out of the coop or run Unless I let them free range !
I assume the dogs got those 2 babies but I dunno there was NO trace at all
somad.gif
hit.gif

Well, I didn't expect to be a grandma at age 14....but I am!
wee.gif
I incubated a few BR eggs, and one hatched today!
jumpy.gif
I've never incubated chicken eggs before, (only quail) and I''m so happy that I atleast have one healthy chick! It's the offspring of one of my best laying hens, Paula.
bun.gif

I'm on day 6 of my 2nd attempt at hatching eggs under my very determined broody Australorp this month.

We ordered a dozen eggs at the end of July, for the first batch, and got nothing but a bunch of very expensive scrambled eggs.
sad.png

This time, rather than trust the USPS again, I bought a dozen local eggs (Black Copper Marans and Blue Orpingtons) and last night's candling confirmed we have 9 eggs with veins! Yay!
big_smile.png

Can hardly wait til the 31st!

Back
Top Bottom