*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

He said he would give me 1/2 of the babies. I am not sure I need them, but I love hatching chicks out. His guinea hen is on the nest now but she has a history of giving up after 2 weeks. Crazy birds guinea are. Amazing they erer hatch in the wild with that kind of patience.

Quote:
That's cool!
I used to have 10 guineas, then our dog killed two and 3 of them got eaten by an owl when they didn't go back to their hutch, and instead they roosted outside!
roll.png

So then my friend gave me 2 Lavender keets, and 12 guinea eggs for a broody to set on!
big_smile.png
Those are due anytime now.
smile.png

So I have 7 guineas total plus the 12 eggs.
smile.png

My friend had 2 guinea go broody and turn up with 20 ++ keets!
ep.gif

Then another hen turned up with 7 and then another hen was setting on 14 eggs and we found her nest so they gave 12 of them to me.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I love guineas. I have 7 now, one female has started laying eggs. The guinea cocks are so protective over my hens. They attack the roos whenever they try to go after the hens. One time a roo attacked me and a guinea cock came to my rescue. Mine aren't that noisy, just when they are feeling in danger. The don't want to go back into the coop at night though. I have to chase them with a bird net and put them into the run. It is soooo funny to watch!

I know!
I just love my guineas to death!
tongue.png
They're so Wacky and Goofy ya gotta' love'em!
love.gif
tongue.png

How tame are your guineas? Mine will eat out of my hand and if they're loose then they falla me around everywhere!
wee.gif

If you are setting in a chair in the backyard they'll come roost all over your and beg for treats ..
roll.png
Need I say more?
hu.gif

I raised 5 of them from 3 day old keets, the others were juveniles when I got them. The babies were tame but learned a lot from the juveniles when they were put together. Right now they are scared of everyone and everything. I try to hand feed them but they wait until I drop the food. I am sure it has something to do with the way we have to catch them to get them in the coop. It is sad to have them so skittish. I really hoped they would be tame like the orpington hens. Maybe with some time. The little ones are 3 months, and the older ones are 5 months.

Well guys, I just put my last 13 quail eggs in lockdown, along with those 3 shipped eggs I've been so nervous about. Two of them are silkie/slw and one is pure silkie. I candled them this morning, and everything seems okay as far as I can tell. Still good veining and lots of movement. I've read so many horror stories on how hard it is to hatch out the silkies that it has put me on edge. I've done everything possible, to the best of my limited knowledge to help make this a successful hatch. I know anything can (and usually does
hu.gif
) happen. So here goes, just gonna cross my fingers
fl.gif
, say a lot of prayers, and stay away from the incubator. Hopefully I'll have some good news to report (along with pics
smile.png
) in a few days.

Good luck to everyone still hatching.

Lesalynn: Keeping you in my prayers! Good Luck!
fl.gif
I know it's so hard when you go into lockdown! You just wanna starer into the incubator for 3 days straight ... rolleyes
tongue.png
lol.png
Believe me I KNOW!
smile.png

Last edited:
My last Fuzzy butt hatched today while I was gone to town today !! was around 2p i believe here it is !! got 5 outta 5 eggs none died during pip thank goodness!

63221_chix_0735_sm.jpg

This was their first visit outside ! they had been out for about 5 min and here comes daddy! LOL and my Dellie

63221_chix_078sm.jpg

AHHH lol this be fun A CHICK HUNT!!
jumpy.gif
lol.png
who can spot all 5 baby chicks!!

63221_chix_068sm.jpg

Let me know when you are raedy for the answers to this chick hunt LOL!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom