*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

well the second one to hatch hadn't fully absorbed its yolk. so i pushed it back in and used a cotton ball with some neosporin on it to help hold it in place. i used some of that stick to itself wrap to hold it in place. does anyone one know if this will work? or of anything else i can do?
46766_dscf2503.jpg

I'VE GOT A BROODY!!!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
tongue2.gif
I'm in! yipeee! Her name is eunice and I'm very proud of her! My first two "broodies" decided they were bored after two days! Ok... I put 5 eggs under her on Sunday, August 1st, 2010! They are mix of my golden comet hens and one of my two Buff Orpington Roosters! I am so eggcited! My approximate hatch date is August 21st!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I can't wait!

Ok you can now be annoyed with me and haul out the duct tape!
smack.gif
duc.gif

idunno.gif
hu.gif
Sorry I can't help it! All you crazy people have me addicted!
tongue2.gif
woot.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
i candled and 8 where alive and moving
smile.png
out of 16 but 6 of those was just seeing if they would and hoping
sad.png
my rir roo died right after and right before my hen started laying odd shaped eggs but oh well mine are due the 11th
wee.gif

Quote:
how many eggs did you put under her last time? i think my silkie is broody and was wondering how many i could fit under her
smile.png

I think she started with 12 last time too. Good luck!

well its approaching the end of day 22 for 2 more eggs and the end of day 21 for the rest. so far only 2 have hatched out of the 11 that made it to lockdown
hmm.png
i keep hopeing but am starting to think this hatch is all but over . i'll give the eggs a few more days
fl.gif
. of the 2 that hatched one has chick shoes and the other needs them but i'm waiting for the unabsorbed yolk to finish drying and fall off before i do anything else to the poor little one. so far she seems to be recovering but she has had a harder day than what would be normal.

Back
Top Bottom