*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

Day 21 and one chick out of my two remaining eggs hatched around 12:00 noon. The other egg isn't doing a thing and it was the healthier of the two, so go figure! Very sad hatch from these shipped eggs
sad.png
12 ended up clear, two quit along the way and now just one hatched
he.gif
Here is a picture of my Wheaten or Blue Wheaten Ameraucana chick still in the incubator hoping for the other egg to hatch.
fl.gif

54909_p1020714.jpg

Day 22.. I have 8 out of 14. 1 egg got broke. So I have 5 eggs still in the incubator. I am hoping that maybe one or two of them are running late. More later...

Quote:
they know you are waiting and are just screwing with you
wink.png

I wish i could have candled them better...so I would not feel so bad if they did not hatch and just wait and wait. I can't even take pics right now to get help from you guys...lol

So how did your hatch come out. I am at 8 out of 14 so far. No more pips and on day 22...

Quote:
I wish i could have candled them better...so I would not feel so bad if they did not hatch and just wait and wait. I can't even take pics right now to get help from you guys...lol

So how did your hatch come out. I am at 8 out of 14 so far. No more pips and on day 22...

so far only 2 have hatched no action on the others yet but i'm gonna give it a few more days (hoping)

Don't remember if I posted for this month. After losing Bill I haven't really posted on the other threads, but I have 11 that made it to lockdown. Had to so to SS today and get home hours later. The temp was 102 and humidity was 82. I just knew they were all gone and after losing the 65 eggs after Bill dies I just knew I had messed up. Tere's a FBCM from one of my girls rockin!

I have to run out for a couple of hours. Just want to stay home and cry, but have to go and I'm hoping I'll have a ppip or two when I get back.

Come on my little Bev beauties! Dad made sure I had a chance to get you going, so make him proud?

Wish me luck, cause after the past 3 months I really need it!

Had to toss 20 of my 31 eggs today
hit.gif
Out of the 11 left, only 6 I'm sure of. These eggs were collected the week before my rooster, Columbo died, so I guess that would have something to do with it?? I had such high fertility ratings in the 3 previous batches. Oh, well, as much as I wish I had better turn-out this go round, I'll be happy to have any make it, really.

I'm seeing a lot of poor hatches~ Sorry everyone
hugs.gif
myself included! Wondering if it was because of the heat?
idunno.gif
The breeder I bought my shipped eggs from said there had been a hot spell before she shipped my eggs and 11 of the sixteen were clear, so I don't think they were fertile! I'm going to wait until fall to try again and see if I have better luck!
wink.png

Quote:

so far only 2 have hatched no action on the others yet but i'm gonna give it a few more days (hoping)

my fingers are crossed for you. The five i still have in have done nothing but like you I am going to wait. My humidity was at 80%, so I took the chance and got all 8 chicks out. Goood Luck...more later...

well, I got baby #8 today and baby #9 trying to pop out. and they are 4 days beyond 21 days.

so my advice to all, don't be eager to throw out unhatched eggs immediately after due date. wait a week. I could have thrown out 3 babies already, whew.

Back
Top Bottom